It is NodeWest's policy to respond to valid notices of alleged copyright infringement. As a Web Hosting provider based in the United States, most issues related to copyright infringement we see fall under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). Our policies related to compliance with the DMCA are included below.
Complaints must be filed in the form of either an email or letter. Our contact information is as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address:
- NodeWest, ATTN: DMCA Compliance
- PO Box 150300
- Denver, CO 80215
The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the full text of which can be found here: www.copyright.gov).
If you wish to file a complaint with us regarding infringement, please note that you are liable if you misrepresent that any product or activity is infringing upon your copyright(s). If you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we strongly suggest that you consult an attorney before filing a complaint.
To ensure that we process your request as quickly as possible, include all of the following:
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly. It is not sufficient to state "all infringing material." The DMCA requires your notices to include all URLs that contain the infringing material.
- Information to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted. You may not present an anonymous DMCA complaint.
- Your complaint must include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."